Sunday, August 23, 2026

Notes from Vivace Show Alerts (Los Angeles): Aug 23rd - Aug 29th

A Handful (Bucketful) of Show Alerts 

Sunday, Aug 23rd: Maryjo with Kyra Fields at the Moroccan Lounge. Doors at 6:30 p.m.
I wrote a Song Spotlight for Maryjo's song "Don't Call Me" back in 2025.
In 2025, I wrote a review of Kyra Field's set at Hotel Ziggy.

Sunday, Aug 23rd: Powder Pink & Sweet at The Woodbridge. Doors at 7:30 p.m.
I wrote a Song Spotlight for their song "Raspberry Lime" back in February.
 
Monday, Aug 24th: Johnny Majestic at The Escondite. Doors at 8 p.m.
I wrote a Song Spotlight for the band's song "Weep All Over" back in February.

Tuesday, Aug 25th: Cha$e 13 and Mila Rubina at Revolver Video Bar. Doors at 7 p.m.
I wrote a Song Spotlight for Cha$e 13's other project X. ARI's song "Vicious" back in 2025.
I wrote a Song Spotlight for Mila Rubina's song "No One Compares" just this month.

Thursday, Aug 26th: 16 Underground at Oblivion. Doors at 7 p.m.
Earlier this year, I wrote a review of their set for US Rocker Music

Thursday, Aug 27th: The Groans at Permanent Records Roadhouse. Doors at 6 p.m.
In 2025, I wrote a review of the band when they played at The Escondite

Thursday, Aug 27th: The What Four at Maui Sugar Mill Saloon. Doors at 8 p.m.
In 2015, I wrote a review of The What Four's set.

Friday, Aug 28th: Mini Trees at Sid the Cat Auditorium. Doors at 8 p.m.
In 2021, I wrote a review of a set for Buzzbands

Friday, Aug 28th: Nick Waterhouse at Zebulon. Doors at 7 p.m.
In 2019, I covered his set at Glendale Open Arts & Music Fest for Buzzbands

Friday, Aug 28th: The Groans at The Redwood Bar. Doors at 8 p.m.
The band is busy this week (playing Thursday, as well).

Friday, Aug 28th:UGHH at Alex's Bar. Doors at 8 p.m. 
In 2025, I wrote a review of their set.

Saturday, Aug 29th: Generacion Suicida with support from Crisis Actor at Zebulon. Doors at 7 p.m.
In 2025, I covered Generacion Suicida when they played Happy Sundays for US Rocker Music.
In 2025, I wrote a review of Crisis Actor playing at Old Towne Pub.

Friday - Sunday, Aug 28th-Aug 30th: Echo Park Rising
Too many good bands to mention.

No comments: