Rio Lane (Rio Lane Bonney) recently attended the Jesse Jo Stark night at The Roxy. A couple months later, she returned to the Sunset Strip to play Hotel Ziggy (a WFNM showcase). Per her Spotify bio, her music is "a mix of catchy pop punk and disco elements." Armed with a smart phone holding her tracks, Rio channeled the sultry vocals of Jesse Jo Stark while steering her music in her own direction.
| Rio Lane at Hotel Ziggy |
What did I notice: There was a woman at the front of the stage listening to the set. She had her cell phone out and Rio Lane started to play it up for the camera. I was thinking, they must be friends. Afterwards, the two interacted and I changed my assumption. I think the person was actually there for another artists that was on the bill, but had just found a new favorite musician. That is what WFNM (and any DIY Los Angeles music night) is about, finding another artist that you love.
"Pretend there is a band with me." Rio Lane sang songs off her debut album STEREOPUNK that was released in November 2025. It might have been a solo set, but with flashes of a smile, she entertained the crowd with an enthusiastic performance that showed off her disco danced moves.
| Rio Lane at Hotel Ziggy |
Comment of the set: That's the type-b that I am.
Her song "SWEAT" was inspired by Saltburn. She's a Jacob Elordi fan. Will she be first in line to see his upcoming movie The Dog Stars?
Comment of the set 2: That was a work out.
| Rio Lane at Hotel Ziggy |
The song spotlight goes to "Why Why Why." A pop-rap hybrid genre tune that has her questioning what is going on with men in the area of men-women relationship dynamics and the subject matter of superficiality.
Maybe it's 'cause I ain't posted no thirst trap.
Setlist: SEE YOU NEVER, ROMEO, SEVENTH RAY, SEED, SWEAT, WHY WHY WHY, JUNK.
No comments:
Post a Comment