Friday, January 29, 2010

We Barbarians and Union Line @ Bootleg Theatre

I caught We Barbarians and Union Line at the Bootleg Theatre this past Tuesday. I’ve wanted to catch Union Line for awhile. I noticed in the past that they were occasionally on the same schedule as Local Natives. I just wasn’t ever able to go on those specific nights. Well, Tuesday was the night I finally got to see Union Line.

First off I caught We Barbarians.

Comment from the lead singer: We have a new LP out. Not many people know it is out according to the iTunes sales. Hopefully, that will change after tonight.

Observation: There were times when I thought that two of the band members were close to knocking heads.

Next up was Union Line.

Much like Local Natives, there was a bunch of switching around on various musical instruments.

There was a lone cymbal out there that eventually got some love.

Comment: Someone say something!!!

Last song of the night was called “Pearls.” This would appear to be the fan favorite. As they were about to play their last song, the band teased, “We’re not playing ‘Pearls’ tonight.” There was an audience cry, but as soon as they started playing it there were screams of delight.

It seemed like an OC girls night out.

We Barbarians Photos:







Union Line Photos:



No comments: