Friday, January 29, 2010

A Movie Review: Youth in Revolt

"Youth in Revolt." I must say I found this movie a bit dull. Recent teen movies I've seen (and perhaps it is because these are the only teen-type movies I will see) have this more-sophisticated-than-I-was-when-I-was-a-teen feel to them. This one is no different when within ten minutes the two teen lovers are talking above the heads of probably many of the folks who are watching the movie. I do love these types of movies, but in this case the whole thing got on my nerves -- maybe I've just seen one too many of these types of movies recently.

Anyways, the whole plot line with our lead male (Michael Cera) going to extremes to unite with the girl of his dreams (Portia Doubleday) is stupid. I just felt it when on and on and on with him doing the dumbest most parent-disrespectful actions. This is one of those few movies where you actually have to say the parents are more likable than the teenager.

No comments: