Monday, January 18, 2010

Duke Basketball vs. Wake Forest: 90-70

The first few minutes appeared rather frantic. Duke, I thought, played a bit out of control. They put it back together; however. Duke did put on a run in the last two minutes and ended the half up 46-38. Duke built on that lead early in the second half. Wake Forest made a strong comeback, but then in the end Duke pulled away.

Miles Plumlee had a massive game. I remember seeing a game last year where I thought the guy had two left feet.

Kyle Singler started off awful on the offensive end, but then picked it up big time in the second half.

I wish Brian Zoubek could have stayed on the floor a bit longer.

Wake Forest made some hard fouls on Duke: on Mason Plumlee and Kyle Singler. I was hoping Duke would send a Wake Forest guy to the floor hard. I think Andre Dawkins tried to take down Chas McFarland, but Dawkins is a pint-sized, not-yet-bulked-up, freshman shooting guard going up against a senior center.

For much of the game, it looked like the Duke guards would miss shots and the forwards/centers would be in the perfect spot to put the ball in the basket. It seemed to happen again and again.

After seeing this victory, maybe I can actually watch the Georgia Tech loss. I wasn't able to watch it, I did DVR it. Luckily; however, I recently deleted the game so I am spared from seeing the game anyways.

On other notes: It would seem North Carolina is going to drop out of the Top 25. I know I'm supposed to hate North Carolina, but I'd rather see them ranked then not ranked.

Update: I guess I was wrong. North Carolina remains ranked.

No comments: