Thursday, January 21, 2010

Aushua @ Silverlake Lounge

I saw Aushua briefly at Spaceland back during Local Natives residency. I decided I’d check out a full set at Silverlake Lounge.

Observation: I’ll go right to the end. The lead singer thanked the audience and then gave us all a nice round of clapping.

Comments: “Anyone else want to take a deep breath?” “Is there anyone in love with me at the moment? Can they get me a water?” Someone did eventually bring up a water bottle. I believe I heard the lead singer say it was his sister. Of course, I’m not sure he actually drank any water.

Quote: Today is powerless against a reckless thought.

I wanted to stick around for the residency band, The Steelwells, but the night seemed to have started a bit late with Aushua not going on stage till 10:45-ish. Yes, sounds a bit early for the music crowd, but The Steelwells didn’t look like they would go on until closer to midnight so I had to call it in for myself. Totally worth the trek; however, to check out Aushua.







No comments: