Monday, January 4, 2010

Duke Basketball vs. Clemson: 74-53

A little nice revenge for last year's 74-47 pounding by Clemson.

What I thought was great was seeing how Duke responded to full court pressure. I think Clemson did full court pressure essentially the whole game after a made shot. Duke's response wasn't pretty, but it was solid.

What I thought was a bit boring was the first 12 minutes or so. I think the score was something like 16-10 Duke after 13 minutes. Even the announcers made a comment or perhaps more about this fact.

I would like to see a bit more from Andre Dawkins. I think it is essential for him to start playing longer minutes, considering that Duke doesn't have a deep back court. Maybe he'll be similar to Elliot Williams last year who I believe didn't make a contribution to Duke until later in the season.

What was great was the solid defense Duke played. Their front court rocks on defense.

What wasn't so great was that the front court big men aren't big scorers. It'd be nice if one of them (honestly probably one or both of the Plumlees)became a standard 10 plus point scorer.

No comments: