Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Forest Lawn Glendale: Museum

Forest Lawn - Glendale. I headed off to Forest Lawn - Glendale recently. I've lived near Forest Lawn for five years and never entered the grounds. I decided to break that streak and visit the museum.

Below are some pictures of the grounds.











The below is where "The Crucifixion" is seen. No photos of "The Crucifixion" since that isn't allowed, but let me tell you it is something to see. A massive painting.



Photos in the museum were allowed so here are some photos of Christmas Windows.





Oh, and a photo of an Easter Island statute -- small scale, of course.




And one thing I did not know, theft of flowers at a cemetery can send you off to jail.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was born and raised very near to Forest Lawn Glendale, but moved away about 20 years ago. They always used to replace the white cross atop the hill with a 5-pointed star at Christmas time. That was always such a huge excitement as a kid the day the star would go up because we knew it was finally officially Christmas time. Do you know if they still do this in December?