Thursday, January 28, 2010

Duke Basketball vs. Florida State: 70--56

Duke over Florida State: 70-56

Over the last couple games, Coach Mike Krzyzewski seems to be going back to his typical trend of using a short bench. To me, he’s using a six person rotation with Andre Dawkins and Mason Plumlee filling in as needed. Hopefully, Dawkins and Plumlee start getting more playing time. In my unsophisticated basketball mind, I don’t include someone as part of the rotation until they start playing 10 minutes a game. And, I also suspect such a short rotation causes exhaustion during March Madness.

I wish Brian Zoubek could play more minutes, but he always commits fouls.

I missed the first 15 minutes of the game.

Duke seemed to be pulling away mid-way through the second half, but then faltered for a bit. During that drought, Florida State played some amazing defense. Duke steadied the ship; however, and pulled away again. I think the turning point was when Florida State had this series of missed free throws, offensive rebounds, missed put-backs. Just guessing, but all the effort might have drained the energy away from Florida State, especially when there isn’t any positive feed back (points on the board) gained by that effort.

No comments: