Sunday, July 26, 2026

Notes from Vivace Show Alerts (Los Angeles): Jul 26th - Aug 1st

A Handful (Bucketful) of Show Alerts

Sunday, Jul 26th: Buckets and Janelane at Oblivion. Doors at 7 p.m.
I recently wrote a review of Bucket's album release party at Permanent Records Roadhouse.
I wrote a Song Spotlight for Janelane's song "Instincts" back in May.

Sunday, Jul 26th: The Doohickeys at The Echo. Doors at 5:30 p.m.
I wrote a Song Spotlight of their song "This Town Sucks" back in 2024.

Monday, Jul 27th: Maybellene Ryder and Scout Gillett at Oblivion. Doors at 7 p.m.
In 2024, I happened to catch Maybellene Ryder playing the violin for Oh, Rose.
I wrote a Song Spotlight for Scout Gillett's song "Too Fast To Last" back in February.

Wednesday, Jul 29th: AZRA at the Moroccan Lounge. Doors at 6:30 p.m.
I wrote a Song Spotlight for her song "if It wasn't for you" back in 2025.

Wednesday, Jul 29th: Joey Nebulous at Permanent Records Roadhouse. Doors at 6 p.m.
I wrote a Song Spotlight for their song "You're Straight" back in April.

Wednesday, Jul 29th: Mr. Dinkles at The Smell. Doors at 8 p.m.
I wrote a Song Spotlight for their song "Eat Chips and Talk Shit" back in May.

Wednesday, Jul 29th: Ned Casual at The Escondite. Doors at 8 p.m.
I wrote a Song Spotlight for his song "Gentrification Blues" back in 2025.

Thursday, Jul 30th: Me.Kai at The Hotel Cafe. Doors at 8 p.m.
I wrote a Song Spotlight for her song "Daylight" back in 2025.

Friday, Jul 31st: Dildox at The Roxy. Doors at 7 p.m.
In 2025, I covered the band at Happy Sundays Long Beach for US Rocker Music.

Friday, Jul 31st: Fartbarf at Alex's Bar. Doors at 8 p.m.
In 2013, I wrote a review of the band when they played El Cid.

Friday, Jul 31st: Peg Leg Love at The Redwood Bar. Doors at 8 p.m.
In 2019, I wrote a review of band for their set at Old Towne Pub.

Saturday, Aug 1st: Drauve at Oblivion. Doors at 7 p.m.
I wrote a Song Spotlight for the their song "Wool" back in June.

Saturday, Aug 1st: Geneva Jacuzzi at Zebulon. Doors at 7 p.m.
In 2025, the band played Substance Fest, which I covered for US Rocker Music.

Saturday, Aug 1st: Slowpoke at Old Town Pub. Doors at 8 p.m.
I wrote a Song Spotlight for their song "Tiki Dream" back in 2025.

No comments: