Friday, March 18, 2011

The Wild Feathers and Honey Honey at Bootleg

It was off to Bootleg to catch Honey Honey and The Wild Feathers. The Wild Feathers was a big surprise for the night.  There wasn't a link to their band page on the Fold's website and I didn't take the time to do any research on my own so I wasn't sure what to expect.  What a nice surprise. I loved them and so did the crowd.  I'm not sure the band realized how much the crowd like them.  Someone from the audience yelled out, "Where you all from?"  The response, "Some of us are from Tennessee . . ."  "No, seriously."  "Hollywood."  Their Facebook page doesn't have much info on them.  Hopefully that changes.

Honey Honey gave us a one hour set.  You heard that right, one hour.   I swear they're probably one of the few local Los Angeles bands that can pull off something like that.  For a lot of bands, they're pushing by going 30 minutes. 

Listening to Suzanne Santos rambling in between their songs is always a highlight of any Honey Honey set.

On telling a Ben Jaffe story that he wanted to tell on his own, "But I tell it so much better."
When Ben broke a guitar string, "But I think I will keep awkwardly talking."
On asked if she was feeling hot on stage, "I'm sweating like a whore in church."

Honey Honey had the stage decorated Western-style.  

They were thinking about setting up a kissing booth to collect money for Japan.  Hmm . . .

The Wild Feathers





Honey Honey



No comments: