Sunday, March 6, 2011

Duke Basketball vs. North Carolina: 67-81

I always look forward to Duke vs. Carolina games. I grew up a North Carolina fan and then I went to Duke and became a Duke fan.

As for this one, this won't go down as a classic. Carolina controlled the game from start to finish. Yes, Duke put on a couple runs, but I think it was clear who had control -- especially since Duke (other than Seth Curry) couldn't hit a three.

Here's actually my big concern: does Andre Dawkins even care anymore? Yes, it looked like he played decent defense. But on the offensive end he looked awful. Those three missed free throws were just representative of someone who is off in space. Either he's transferring at the end of this season because he no longer wants to be at Duke or something is going on in his personal life (like a serious lack of confidence).

Note: I do have a soft spot for Andre Dawkins as he did help us with a national championship last year. I just wish that light switch would go on for him.

As for how the game could have been different? I suppose if Ryan Kelly had hit some of those threes at the start of the game maybe we wouldn't have had to play from behind the whole game (admittedly, we had brief leads, but I think those of you who saw this game know what I mean).

No comments: