Monday, March 14, 2011

Duke Basketball vs. Virginia Tech: 77-63

This is a game where I watched Andre Dawkins.  And boy did I think he came out to play.  He played some tough defense and on the offensive end he was aggressive.  Too aggressive perhaps as I believe he got two fouls driving to the basket.  But I liked it.  It was nice seeing him getting touches and being aggressive.  I was actually surprised he only played 13 minutes per the stat sheet. 

One concern for the game was the foul trouble.  Andre Dawkins fouled out.  The Plumlee brothers racked up fouls as did Singler.  Something to perhaps keep an eye on should Duke face a real physical team in March Madness.  They could run out of front court players, especially since Josh Hairston appears to be stuck on the bench until next year. 

Interesting enough,  I didn't get to catch the last couple minutes of the game.  I had set my DVR to record thirty minutes past the allocated time, but the Carolina game went into over-time and so that was that.  Oh well, I don't think I missed much.  Go Dawkins!!!

No comments: