Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Dreams: My out of control bike

This was a familiar, but different dream. I’m staying up in the mountains and decide to bike down into the below desert. Now this is a familiar pattern in my dream and I think it makes sense as much of my childhood was spent either in the mountains or in the desert. But then a new twist came along. Sometimes in my dreams I have a situation where I’m trying to get someplace and just can’t make it. I keep slipping back. Well, in this one, I’m cycling through the desert. There is a strong wind that is coming across the street, which should be causing me a hard time to keep my bike straight on the road but for some reason it is helping propel me forward. In fact, it is helping me so much that for a few seconds I feel like I’m riding on a rocket. Far ahead of me is another cyclist. I catch up and pass him. Now I don’t pass him on the left, because I don’t want to get in the way of any cars. So I pass him on the right, which means I’m heading towards the dirt alongside the street. I’m a bit worried that I might get flipped off my bike as soon as I hit the dirt, but instead when I hit the dirt I speed up. Ahead I see a stop light and now I’m concerned that I won’t be able to slow down quickly enough to avoid the car traffic. I even consider jumping off my bike for a brief second. I slam on my breaks and barely stop in time. Interesting dream.

No comments: