Thursday, March 3, 2011

Duke Basketball vs. Clemson: 70-59

I was only able to catch 15 minutes or so of this game. Once again I forgot to do the DVR thing.

When I turned on the television, I believe Duke was up by five and at one point it was done to a single point. And then everything fell apart for Clemson. Their guard Demontez Stitt got two quick fouls and it was over. I'm not even sure he should have gotten those fouls called on him. I have to admit that it seemed like there was a one or two minute segment of the game where Duke got some questionable calls in their favor. Of course, towards the end of the game, Clemson got some questionable calls go their way. Essentially, it seemed like a badly officiated game. My opinion.

One of my criticisms of Duke is their interior defense. I have to say it looked rather solid against Clemson. Good job.

As for a current criticism, what's up with this essentially six man rotation. Having Miles Plumlee and Andre Dawkins playing six minutes a piece seems like a recipe for an early exit from March Madness.

I read that there were rumors that Kyrie Irving would play this game. Let me say this: if he doesn't play this season, I'll be a bit pissed off. Why else would they put out that video of Kyrie Irving doing his physical therapy work outs if it wasn't to give us fans some belief that he's coming back this season.

No comments: