Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Book Review: Duma Key by Stephen King

Duma Key. I'm not an expert on Stephen King as I've only read perhaps 7 or 8 of his books, but I found this to be one of his better books. I remember reading The Shining and being freaked out by it. And then later I came across books like Insomnia, which were interesting but hardly sent chills up my spine. Well, after a handful of pages into Duma Key, I was intrigued and the last couple chapters sent the chills up my spine. Not as scary as The Shining, but how many books can match The Shining. In final, this is a book that requires you to pay close attention. There are moments in the book that carry important weight further into the book.

Basic Summary: Edgar Freemantle has a major accident. After physical therapy, he heads off to Duma Key in Florida. There he meets an elderly lady and her caregiver. They strike up a friendship. The lady has some hidden secrets from the pass that involve a power that isn't from this world. This power attempts to regain form during Freemantle's time at Duma Key.

No comments: