Thursday, March 24, 2011

It was off to Satellite to catch Blood Group and Living Things

I'm in one of my hibernation moods, which is resulting in me not going out to catch live bands as much as normal. Probably weather related . . . and admittedly work related. On Monday; however, I did drop by Satellite to catch Blood Group and Living Things.

When entering Satellite I noticed that the 10 p.m. band was called Blood Group.  Hmm . . . some crazy blood spitting band playing Satellite?  They looked rather normal when I saw them getting ready on stage.  They had some equipment problems due to the rain and it took them close to 45 minutes to set up.  Instead of some blood spitting band, they are an electro band.  And they're from Iceland.  I don't think I've ever seen a band from Iceland.  It also looked like they had a friend or two along for the US ride.  Danceable music.

Due to the late start of Blood Group, I only stayed for about half of Living Things. Solid rock set.  From doing a little research on Facebook, these guys are from Missouri.  I guess when I mentioned not having heard of them in another blog posting from a couple weeks ago, I had a good excuse.  Thumbs up to Satellie for occasionally breaking out of the grip of the Silverlake-Echo Park music sound.  Unfortunately, the audience tends to dwindle on Mondays when they take the risk, but it is cool that they occasionally bring us different music genres for Residency Mondays.

Blood Group









Living Things










No comments: