Tuesday, March 29, 2011

It was off to The Mime to catch The Unstoppable Death Machines, J-Cocks and Stab City

It was off to The Mime to catch The Unstoppable Death Machines, J-Cocks and Stab City.  First off, for those who don't know, The Mime is at 1840 Glendale Blvd in Echo Park.  The Mime does have a blogspot, but it doesn't seem to be kept up to date.  Is this turning into the new Echo Curio?  Who knows.  It seems like it is all ages.  High school kids on up.

When I arrived, I ran into some friends who were also heading in.  The first band up was The Unstoppable Death Machines.  They're from New York.  They showed us Californians something about New York.  I only caught their last two songs, but I knew I'd missed a great set.  As they ended their set, they took their drum set and passed it around so that folks in the audience to keep the beat.  J-Cocks were next up, giving the audience enough inspiration to go for a mosh pit.  To end the night for me, we had the always enjoyable Stab City.  Two of the guys in the J-Cocks are also in Stab City so some double duty for them.   


The Unstoppable Death Machines







J-Cocks






Stab City








No comments: