Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The One Mile Radius Project

This walk was around Bronson/Sunset/Cahuenga/Hollywood.


Sorry, photo came out a bit over-exposed. All those homes are boarded up. An individual brought this up, saying that there were all these new apartment complexes and then this row of houses.



Here's an example of a nicer complex. I believe these are condos. I suspect those homes were bought out. They'll get torn down and replaced with something like this.



Amoeba Records.



We stopped here for some coffee, tea, juice. I had a vegan pastry. Obviously, not as good as a sugar filled pastry, but it passed the taste test.



Arclight.



Cahuenga.



Down this street is where the Hollywood Farmers Market is. This is where I hang out on Sunday mornings.



Someone in our group mentioned they had dinner at The Valet Margarita once when waiting for a show.



Hotel Cafe behind iron. If you read my blogs consistently, you know I head here every so often. It isn't on my standard rotation of music venues, but I do enjoy this place none the less. I caught Diane Birch here.



A movie shoot was going on. The familiar snack bar. This was outside Cinespace, another music venue that isn't on my normal rotation, but I do go to on occasion.



A view of the W Hotel. Next to the W Hotel is the 1600 Vine Apartment complex. I went to the website. Prices are beyond what I'd want to pay for an apartment. Why anyone would pay those prices, I have no clue -- unless you make $250,000 a year then maybe . . .



Pantages.



Music Box. You know, I've never been to this venue. I noticed once that a friend sent out an invite to see a movie screening here, but it was a horror flick and well . . .



I wonder how business is going right now.



Museum of Death. The Los Angeles Times wrote up an article on this museum back in October 09.



Hollywood Sign. I wonder what's up with my camera and these pictures that seem slightly over-exposed. I guess I only know how to take photos where the only lighting are stage lights.

No comments: