Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Eastern Conference Champions and Glacier Hiking at Spaceland

I have this new band I really like called Eastern Conference Champions. I learned they were doing a gig at Spaceland so off I went to catch them. This was only my second time seeing them and once again I was not at all disappointed. What a great joy.

I was thinking of taking off right after their show, but then I noticed that Spaceland was starting to fill up. The next band up was Glacier Hiking. I admit that my first impression as I was seeing the band set up was, "These guys look a bit dorky." On the other hand, I couldn't help but see that Spaceland was getting crowded. "Okay," I thought, "I'll stick around for a couple songs and then take off." I didn't take off after a couple songs. I stayed for the whole set. My first impression was totally wrong. What I assumed as dorky simply wasn't true. As they went from setting up to playing their music, they turned into awesome musicians. I'm not sure I've had such a quick switch of opinion regarding a local band. I'll have to keep this band in mind for the future, because I'd like to see one of their sets again.

Eastern Conference Champions







Glacier Hiking



No comments: