Monday, March 29, 2010

Duke Basketball vs. Baylor: 78-71

Duke is in the Final Four. Wow. I know, I had my bracket filled out with Duke getting to the Final Four, but this was a most stressful two weeks. Also, I know, this is the point in my bracket where I've ended Duke's run, but I do want them to continue. I will gladly give up any chance to finish in the money in my March Madness pool to see Duke cut down the nets on Monday.

My thoughts on the game.

1. In the early part of the game, Baylor played like a bunch of punks. Every time they made a shot, they took the ball and put it directly on the floor instead of tossing it to the Duke player doing the inbound pass. I felt that was just extremely rude.

2. Kyle Singler had his worst game in some time. Some say it was due to his playing defense on LaceDarius Dunn -- he picked up two quick fouls. Perhaps this is true, but I wonder if his wrist was bothering him. He took a nasty fall on it in the game against Purdue.

3. Smith was awesome.

4. Lance Thomas had the most amazing slam dunk.

Update 3/30: I'm thinking of the one with about 1:30 left in the game.

5. Andre Dawkins filled in nicely for Kyle Singler.

6. Brian Zoubek was limited by foul trouble, but he still pulled down 9 rebounds.

7. In my bracket, yes, I had West Virginia beating Duke in the Final Four -- interestingly how one side of my bracket survived while the other totally collapsed. After seeing that West Virginia really has only one point guard and how Kentucky was able to apply full court pressure on West Virginia when the point guard got into foul trouble, I wonder if this will be the Duke strategy -- try to get the point guard in foul trouble.

No comments: