Monday, March 1, 2010

Birthday Parties at the Kibitz: The Shakers, The Mulhollands

A couple favorite friends had a combined birthday party at the Kibitz: Sarah Jeanette from The Mulhollands and Jodie from The Shakers.

As mentioned in a previous blog, I caught Queen Kwong at The Echo before heading off to the Kibitz to see The Shakers and The Mulhollands so I missed Audra Mae. When I arrived, The Shakers The Shakers were starting to set up.

Jodie was getting ready and then disappeared. Her band mates started to stroll around the front of the stage. Someone asked when they were going on. The reply, "Where's Jodie?"

Comment: "No more shots for the Birthday girl. I'm a jedi. Jedi Jodie."

The place was decorated by Frankie, from The Mulhollands, but no one should know this.












Next up were The Mulhollands. It was getting past my bedtime, but I stuck around. Sarah Jeanette was looking sophisticated. As was mentioned by Jodie, "I'm wearing my better torn t-shirt and zipper pants, but just look at Sarah."

Both Sarah Jeanette and Jodie joined for a song in each others bands.





No comments: