Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Movie Review: The Hurt Locker

"The Hurt Locker". Interesting flick though I thought it went on a tad long. I talked briefly about this movie with a friend and he had a disagreement with me about one of my thoughts about the movie. My thought is as follows: I found it interesting how the movie portrayed the three main characters. One just loved being out there. Another just wanted to get through his tour of duty. The third was nearing a mental breakdown and felt sure he was going to die. I felt this highlighted how solders react to the mental stress.

One of the great moments in the movie is the sniper scene. It was just this intense scene filled with the stress of the moment. What was also intense was the confinement of urban warfare and never being sure who is a civilian and who is an enemy. The stress for me was over-whelming at times.

No comments: