Monday, September 7, 2009

Pity Party and Happy Hollows @ Spaceland

I headed off to Spaceland to catch Pity Party and Happy Hollows. I'm fan of Pity Party though I have to admit I believe the last time I saw them was February 2008. As for Happy Hollows, this was my second time seeing them. I didn't even know that Pity Party was playing at Spaceland until a friend mentioned it to me while we were catching Local Natives. Well, I had to go hangout and catch them. As always, they rocked it. If you've never seen Pity Party, they're this awesome two piece band.












I love how they end their shows. She just lays her head on the keyboards and he just walks off the set.




Next up was Happy Hollows. Now I have to admit that the first time I saw them I didn't like them at all. So I came in this time with some skepticism, but walked away loving them. Perhaps the first time my expectations were so high based on what friends had said about them that I was due for some disappointment, but this time around I just couldn't help but love them. They had an awesome fan base with a young lady standing behind me going totally crazy dancing. And totally crazy in an awesome way.






I have to say I absolutely love this photo.












Some guest singers for a couple songs. Actually there were officially only three. The one most to the right of the photo jumped up on stage for the last song. She was obviously friends with the rest of them.



Happy Hollows did something that few bands do at Spaceland. They had an encore song. I tell you I take back my initial feelings towards this band. They're awesome.

No comments: