Friday, September 4, 2009

It wasn't as entertaining as I thought: Forest Lawn

Michael Jackson got buried at Forest Lawn on Thursday. Since I live near Forest Lawn, I decided to take a walk over to see what was going on. The main central point for the fans was at Los Feliz Rd. and Glendale Ave. The police yellow tape started at this intersection.



There were various reporters out and about. I don't recognize the below reporter at all.



The Glendale police were hanging around.



Here's someone holding up an Ebony magazine.



Someone put together a rather large banner.



I then decided to head off to other areas that connect to Forest Lawn. As I was walking to a new spot a woman came up to me and frantically asked, "Do you know if the Michael Jackson family has arrived yet via the Los Feliz/Glendale area?" I told her, "I don't really know."

The below photo is at the E. Cerritos/Brand intersection. There was less of a crowd here, but if someone wanted to see the entrance of Forest Lawn this was a much better area to see that. The reporter was trying to get the crowd there to sing a Michael Jackson song.




As you can see, from this location you could see directly into Forest Lawn.



The below photo is near the Glendale Ave/San Fernando Rd. There were a handful of folks hanging out on the south side of San Fernando Rd, but as mentioned most of the fans were parked out at Los Feliz and Glendale.

As I was walking around this area a guy at a bus stop asked me, "What's going on here?" I told him, "Michael Jackson is getting buried today." He responded, "Oh."



A shot from Cerritos as I was doing my U-turn walk. I believe this is around 7:30 p.m. I believe the family came by around 8 p.m. so if I'd stuck around a bit longer I might have gotten some photos of the caravan. Oh well. I overheard a lady saying that she'd been at this specific spot since 5:30 p.m.



Here's a guy at the Glendale/Los Feliz area doing some Michael Jackson moves. I'm not sure if the lady next to him is a reporter. She seemed rather unimpressed and amused during the guy's dance. There were also a couple other guys waiting in the wings, eager to get interviewed.





No comments: