Sunday, September 27, 2009

Conkerr Cancer

A friend of mine has a project of making pillow cases for kids with cancer. She is doing this with the Conkerr Cancer Organization. On Sunday, today, I and two other friends decided to help her out for a couple hours.

Here's the fabric I bought for one pillow case. I bought this at JoAnn's. When I was purchasing this fabric the cashier said, "I really love this material. What are you going to make?" "A pillow case," I responded, but then felt I needed to qualify, "but not for me." She responded, "I know, I keep on thinking about how I want to make something with this, but then I just can't see it in my bedroom."



Here's the sewing machine we used. I'd never used one before. You can actually see a stack of pillow cases to the side that my friend has already made.



Starting the process.





The finished product.





I stuck around to help make a few additional pillowcases.



I actually found the process a little stressful. I kept thinking, "I don't really know what I'm doing. What if the pillow case falls apart and the kid gets depressed about it or something like that."

No comments: