Friday, July 1, 2016

Steady Holiday with Honey Child and The Bulls at The Satellite

Steady Holiday
This was the last Steady Holiday residency night at The Satellite. It was also very steamy inside The Satellite. The air conditioner must have been broken. I say that, because a couple days later I returned to The Satellite and the air conditioner was up and running. The lack of air didn't prevent an awesome night of music.

First up was Honey Child Choir. In my notes, I accidentally wrote down Holy Child. I think it was driven by the music binders that had "Honey Child" embossed on the front. It reminded me of a church choir. Their music is meditative. Of course, perhaps not too church choir. During a break in the set, one of the singers said, "Are you ready for a fu*!ing good night? Oh wait, Honey Child night, not an Emily night."

The Bulls are a band I've followed for awhile. I went to their 2015 residency twice. I love the hand motions that Anna goes through. She even played around with her dress shawl, it was like watching an angel. I so love her songs. She ended her set with a quick stop and then good-bye.

Steady Holiday had to deal with the extreme body heat of 2 hours of great music. Water was at a premium. Shortly into the set, one of the musicians called out, "Can I have a water?" Dre, the lead singer, went to her bottle a number of times. Someone in the audience called out, "Vodka in a bottle." She smiled, "No, it's not." Steady Holiday equals sweat sound.


Photo Gallery by QuickGallery.com

No comments: