Friday, July 15, 2016

Coco Morier at The Satellite and Clifton's

A lot of time has passed since the last time I saw Coco Morier way back in 2012. There was a moment where I almost got to see her again. She was scheduled to play in downtown Los Angeles, but she had to cancel at the last moment.

And so good things happen when you wait long enough -- I got to see her two days back to back.

First night was at The Satellite where she sent the audience dancing. She was dressed in gold with pineapple earrings. I swear there wasn't a single person hanging out at the bar, which is a rare event, as they were all hanging out on the floor. By the end of her set, she was out of breath.

Comment of the set after giving New York a hard time and about the fact that she was soon to head over there: Punk is dead there so no one will throw trash at me.

Noticed: the keyboardist played with sheet music.

I then got to see her at Clifton's for her album release party. I briefly introduced myself at The Satellite and she invited me to her release party. I was a bit concerned when I got there about doing photography as the lights were low and red, but when she began her set the lights got a touch brighter and turned to white. I won't go into her set as it was similar to The Satellite; however, I did have fun doing photography. Clifton's is a multi-story cafeteria. Her set was on the second floor. From the third floor, you could look down on her and the audience. I had fun taking shots from both floors.

After seeing her twice in two days, I hope to see her soon again. I'd rather not have to wait 4-ish years.


Photo Gallery by QuickGallery.com

No comments: