Sunday, July 17, 2016

Scout Willis at the Bootleg Theater

As I was trying to determine where I wanted to go on my Monday night circuit of residencies, I noticed that the Bootleg Theater had someone named Scout Willis. The last time I looked, I didn't see her name on the calendar. There was only a link to her Twitter account so I clicked on it and thought, "Wow, she has a lot of followers." Then it sort of dawned on me that she was a Willis kid. Why not check out her music? So off to the Bootleg I went.

What did I discover? With a simple white dress and some very distinctly blue shoes, she charmed the Bootleg audience. Having her playlist on her left arm made her enchanting. Her vocals are deep and thoughtful. She brought two guitars along with her, but used just one. To close out her set, her sister joined her on stage and danced away like a flower child.

Comment of the set, "Did anyone see my panties? That's a trick question. You can't, because I'm not wearing any."

Noticed: For Valley Queen (the residency band), she came out and danced in front of the stage for much of the set.


Photo Gallery by QuickGallery.com

No comments: