Thursday, July 21, 2016

Ultra Violent Rays at The Satellite

Looking through my blog posts, I realized that this was my first time seeing Ultra Violent Rays. I was actually shocked by this fact. I'd seen the previous version of this band, Mad Planet. For some reason, I just never saw Ultra Violent Rays. So basically, over 2.5 years passed since I last saw this duo: Cooper Gillespie on bass and Greg Gordon on drums.

They had some computer issues while trying to get their set started up at The Satellite. This eventually passed and they kicked out a Twin Peaks-like set. Cooper's vocals would fit great into any David Lynch movie. There is just this constant sequence to their sound that still makes you wonder what is coming around the corner.


Photo Gallery by QuickGallery.com


No comments: