Thursday, July 7, 2016

Feels and Child at The Echo

Feels
I'm a Monday night residency person. That's obvious if you glance through my blog posts or Instagram/Facebook accounts. I was thinking that The Echo wasn't going to have a residency band for July. With 4th of July on a Monday and many of the venues not open on the holiday, I figured The Echo didn't think it worth having a residency for just 3 weeks. Then at the last moment, I decided to check out The Echo website. Wow, Feels were doing the July residency, one of my favorite bands. And they were doing a show on the 4th. I was there.

Child started off the night for me. What did I notice: the drummer removed his pants before their set began. Then he walked off the stage to get a weight to put in front of his kick drum. Actually, I think he spent the whole remaining night without his pants. To start off the set, the band gave secret handshakes and then started off on their metal sound.

Feels. What can I say: their set was awesome. There was a thanks from the band for coming to see them despite the fireworks. Someone in the audience yelled out, "You guys are the best fireworks." We all love the Feels, but that went a touch far. There was a slight groan from the audience and the band looked slightly embarrassed. There was a pregnant pause and then the set continued to the finale.


Photo Gallery by QuickGallery.com

No comments: