Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Sikora, Deep Fields and Kera and The Lesbians at The Satellite

Kera and the Lesbians
It was a free Wednesday night at The Satellite so I headed over to catch some music. It helped that Kera and The Lesbians were on the bill. I hadn't see them in way too long.

Sikora hit the stage first with their dance music and LED shoes. Their set reminded me of Club Moscow -- now that's a club I need to re-visit one of these days.

Deep Fields looked like a rather young band. At least some members of the band had to be under 18. I could be wrong. As the band was setting up, the keyboardist was just jumping up and down on stage. There was a guitar next to him. I was worried that he'd end up jumping on it. Their sound has an undertone of jazz and the lead singer has smooth vocals offset by reverb.

Kera and The Lesbians moves with sudden and unexpected speed. And her smiles to the audience draw praise. I believe they cut their set short. It felt like it went less than 25 minutes. I even heard the bassist ask, "Are we done?" I think she was being cool to the final band of the night (which I missed) as the set times were pushing 30 minutes behind schedule.


Photo Gallery by QuickGallery.com

No comments: