Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Sweaters and Wet & Reckless at Satellite/Spaceland

On was a wet day in SoCal, I headed off to Satellite/Spaceland to check out Wet and Reckless and Sweaters. I was actually not anticipating that many people showing up at Satellite considering the weather conditions, but there was a decent sized crowd for Sweaters.

First up was Wet and Reckless. I saw them just recently at Silverlake Lounge for the first time. There were jokes tossed out about having to be carried out of Spaceland the last time they played. I love lead singer Emily's vocals. Half the time I'm not even sure if she's singing or just going for some beat poetry. It doesn't matter much, it is all good.

Next up was Sweaters, the residency band for the month. They brought Christmas gifts for us -- chocolate candy. Hey, that won them some points. Key person to watch is the bass player who helps drive the stage presence of the band.

Wet and Reckless







Sweaters












No comments: