Thursday, December 9, 2010

Eastern Conference Champions at Hotel Cafe

It was off to Hotel Café to catch Eastern Conference Champions doing an acoustic set. Though I’m used to the more “loud” version of Eastern Conference Champions, I have to say I really loved this set.

Comment made after the first song by Josh, “This is about the moment where we’re told we’re too loud. Are we too loud? Is everything okay?”

Comment made a couple songs later from the sound guy, “Can you turn down the bass amp?”

Josh read a list of some of their accomplishments during the past year. Some of the ones I remember:

1. The softball team that Josh and Greg were on went 2-8.
2. They played Sunset Junction.
3. They had a residency at Spaceland.
4. Josh got engaged.
5. They got a song on the Twilight soundtrack.
6. The soundtrack got a Grammy nod, “And a Soundtrack Grammy is a Grammy, so F*!K You.”

I think they should do additional acoustic sets every so often.







No comments: