Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Monthlies at Silverlake Lounge

I headed over to Silverlake Lounge early Saturday night to catch The Monthlies. I have to say that how time flies. I love this band, especially their song 'Hip Girl'. But taking a look at my blog, it looks like the last time I saw them was in early January -- a little over ten months ago.

I was in for a little surprise. I was expecting only a thirty minute set, but was welcomed with a nearly fifty minute set. I surely wasn't complaining. The set opened up with 'Hip Girl' and ended with 'Come on Eileen'.

Fun thing: During breaks in their set, they'd do brief imitations of hard rock musicians.

Silverlake Lounge was set up vary similar to the style seen in the movie Greenberg. Interesting and different than what I'm used to seeing.






No comments: