Friday, December 17, 2010

The Mulhollands, Queen Kwong, Bullet & Snowfox and Video at Club Moscow

I’m not one who fits into the Club Moscow scene. The scene is a mixture of live bands combined with a dance club. Live bands I am all for, but the dance club isn’t my thing. On the other hand, the beauty of Club Moscow is that one of my favorite Los Angeles bands, The Mulhollands, has a regular gig there and surrounding them are always bands I wouldn’t otherwise see.

There was an interesting mix of bands this time around -- as always. You had two dance bands (Video and Bullet & Snowfox), a rock band (Queen Kwong) and a pop-punk band (The Mulhollands). Now that’s a mix of bands you won’t normally get.

Up first was Video. (I don’t have a link to a website. I asked and was told to look up HiweareVideo on myspace, but nothing came up.) They had a fan base dancing to their beat, singing along, as well. Then up came Queen Kwong. A bit of a contrast here. Video giving reason to dance. Queen Kwong giving you reason to kill a boyfriend. Emotional driven rock. I love it. No one sprawls in agony on the stage better than Queen Kwong. Her band has turned over since the last time I saw her. Her bassist went off to New York. I’m not sure what happened to the drummer. After Queen Kwong, there was a shift back to dance music with Bullet & Snowfox taking the stage. Comment of the night was made: This next song is about drugs . . . I’m sure you know nothing about that. To wrap up the night was The Mulhollands, fresh off being named by Music Connection Magazine as one of the top 100 unsigned bands. They showed why on this night, giving a thrilling show. Also, for the last two songs, a guest musician joined in: Jeff from the former band known as Automatic Music Explosion. He played keys on one song and then for the final switch with Jeff (the Jeff from the Mulhollands) and took over the bass duties. To end the night, Sarah Jeanette tossed the tambourine atop his hat. A fun night.

Video (If you have a link to one of their websites, send it my way)







Queen Kwong









Bullet and Snowfox







The Mulhollands













No comments: