Thursday, December 23, 2010

Lonely Trees and Rabbits Rabbits Rabbits at The Echo

It was off to The Echo to catch Annalee Fery’s new band Lonely Trees. Every so often, I’d check the Monsters are Waiting website to see what was going on with that band. I’d even do the near stalking thing and Google Annalee Fery’s name. Then recently a friend of mind mentioned that he wanted to catch this band called Lonely Trees. He knew someone in the band. I looked up the band and noticed that this band featured Annalee Fery. I just had to catch Lonely Trees.

The set was thrilling with a nice crowd to boot, considering the story weather outside.

Comment of the night: Did anyone step in a big puddle today?

Comment of the night 2: I believe this is the first song we wrote together . . . and our last.

Comment of the night 3: Don’t donate too much . . . [I mean] don’t eat too much.

It is nice that time hasn’t changed Annalee Fery. There were still the quick curtsies when the audience cheered. The short quips. The synthesizer. And Lonely Trees carries on the Monsters are Waiting tradition of video playing in the background.

This night wasn’t just about Lonely Trees. I also caught a band called Rabbits Rabbits Rabbits. Another enjoyable set. I saw try to type Rabbits Rabbits Rabbits really fast on your keyboard.

Rabbits Rabbits Rabbits



Lonely Trees


No comments: