Wednesday, December 8, 2010

IO Echo, Haim, Lesands and White Arrows at The Echo

It was off to the Echo to catch IO Echo as well as Haim, Lesands and White Arrows.

Interestingly, I was familiar with all of the bands. I've seen IO Echo, Lesands and White Arrows. I've also wanted to catch Haim for awhile.

I saw Lesands at the Echoplex when they were opening up for Shadow Shadow Shade. They had some nice grooves going. Next up was Haim, a band fronted by three young ladies. There was some banter between the band and the audience. Screams of 'I Love You' going back and forth. As for the music, they rocked and I can't wait to catch them again.

Then the main act of the night (for me) hit the stage. IO Echo opened up with her arms spread wide, like she was drawing her energy from the crowd. And then she kicked off her wonderful set. I do believe it was only a six song set. Oh so not enough considering that she's spent time in the UK and hasn't played all that many gigs in Los Angeles in 2010.

If you compare Haim and IO Echo, it was an interesting mix of musical styles for the night.

Final band of the night was White Arrows. I have to admit I initially wasn't going to stay for their set. This isn't a diss of them. Anyone who reads my blogs probably gets the idea that I usually exit after the 11 p.m. band -- sleep calls. But a friend showed up late and I decided to hang for a few minutes longer. During their set-up, an amusing moment occurred. White Arrows kept on requesting that the lights get turned down. They probably asked four or five times before the lights finally dimmed. Anyways, a fun set though as soon as their set ended I rushed home to hit the sack.

Some archive photos due to lack of photo pass into The Echo.

IO Echo



White Arrows



Lesands

No comments: