Friday, December 3, 2010

Chasing Kings and All Wrong and the Plans Change at Silverlake Lounge

It was off to Silverlake Lounge to catch the residency band, Chasing Kings. I got there just in time to catch All Wrong and the Plans Change. I happened to notice a friend who was hanging near some speakers. He mentioned to me that the drummer used to be in a couple bands I follow: Get Set Go and Dollyrots. I didn’t know this as I didn’t start following these bands until after her time with them. Now two quick celebrities popped into my head immediately upon seeing All Wrong and the Plans Change and Chasing Kings. Hopefully, these celebrity names don’t cause insult. For All Wrong and the Plans Change, the lead singer brought to mind a pissed off Reese Witherspoon. The image stuck even more when on a couple occasions there was feedback protests from their equipment.

Now as for Chasing Kings, who popped into my head: Phil Collins, something about the lead singer. Anyways, awhile back I caught the back end of Chasing Kings and noticed that they had an artist on stage. I thought perhaps it was a one time event, but this time around the same artist was on stage. I think it is a nice touch. As for the music: you know it is a good set when time flies by quickly.

Comment of the night. Do you want a song about love or whiskey?

All Wrong and the Plans Change


Chasing Kings





No comments: