Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Twilight Sleep, Gliss and The Hundred Days at Silverlake Lounge

It was off to Silverlake Lounge to catch Gliss and Twilight Sleep. I got there a little early and was able to see The Hundred Days. The Hundred Days are from San Francisco. I saw The Hundred Days back in January at Club Moscow. I caught their last three songs here at Silverlake Lounge. I forgot how much I enjoyed their sound. I thought they were supposed to go on at midnight. I guess the opening band had to cancel so The Hundred Days took the opening slot.

Up next was Gliss. This was my first time seeing them. I have to say I'm a bit embarrassed to say that. Their sound is just awesome. And when you see a handful of people sitting on the floor, you get the sense that you're in for something special. The fun thing about Gliss is that the three band mates switched up what instruments they played. All three took their turn on the drums. "We're mixing it up," was the comment made.

Noticed: Victoria either knocked down or turned the floor lights away from her. I understand why she did it. One of the lights she turned away ended up shining right into my eyes.

Twilight Sleep came up next, ending their August residency at the Silverlake Lounge. It would appear (and good for them) that they built a good sized fan base over the course of their residency. I went out to Silverlake Lounge earlier in the month (I had to skip out on Twilight Sleep that specific night due to the need for sleep) and the crowd was probably twice as large this time around. One thing different about Twilight Sleep versus the last time I saw them is that Tracy (lead singer) has passed on the synth duties to a new band mate.

Comment. This is our favorite night . . . no, I'm not going to say that.

I love that, perhaps a cliche statement, but then a willingness to admit that it isn't a 100 percent true statement.

Comment 2. No, I'm not trying to be sweet.

. . . which therefore makes it all the sweeter.

The Hundred Days






Gliss









Twilight Sleep







I just opened a twitter account. Feel free to follow me at www.twitter.com/notesfromvivace.

No comments: