Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Mo-odds, Restavrant, High Life Cavaliers, Hello My Name Is Red and Don Juan Y Los Blancos

What a crazy weekend of music. Friday night hanging out at Echo Curio. Saturday night hanging out just east of Downtown to catch some great bands: High Life Cavaliers, Hello My Name Is Red, Don Juan Y Los Blancos, Restavrant and The Mo-odds in the U-Haul show. And just to note: I missed Health Club. I was off at Pershing Square catching Autumn Nights and so missed out on their set.

The night was hosted by The Mo-odds. The first band that I caught was High Life Cavaliers. There was some high praise for them afterward. I was happy to hear that as I was just blown away by their set when I first heard them over at Blue Star. Hello My Name Is Red and Don Juan Y Los Blancos came up next. Don Juan Y Los Blancos had folks dancing and reminded folks that red dresses are hot. The Mo-odds had everyone going nuts. Folks formed a mosh pit in the rather tight confines. Joe from Pu$$y Cow was there to give a piggy back ride. And Restavrant closed out the night with a cool accustic set (I don't know if this was due to the electric generator running low).

Concern of the night: Someone voiced concern to me that at some point in the night someone would fall out of the back of the U-Haul. It didn't happen though the two of us did notice one person who nearly tripped on his way out.

Comment of the night: We're here with three-quarters of the Mo-odds.

High Life Cavaliers



Hello My Name Is Red






Don Juan Y Los Blancos









The Mo-odds









Restavrant









No comments: