Saturday, September 25, 2010

At a DUI checkpoint in Glendale

So I'm driving home on a Saturday night and I come across a DUI checkpoint. I know the drill. I get my license out. As I'm looking around, I notice three cars pulled over. Sort of a haul. I get to the officer and I show him my license.

Officer. "So Mr. Notes from Vivace, have you been drinking tonight."
Me. "No, nothing."
Officer. "Not ever water?"
I'm like, what? "No, actually."
Officer. "You do know that water makes up most of your body."
I'm like giving him the stare that one probably shouldn't give an officer. A stare that indicates total irritation.
Officer. "I've got to entertain myself somehow. It's a long night."

Okay, so the officer was trying to play cool with someone who obviously wasn't drunk. I found it somewhat amusing. But then I also live in Glendale where I think a lot of the cops can be jerks at times. Friends call the cops in Glendale Nazi cops. So part of me was a bit irritated. Oh well, I guess in the end I have to give the guy props for having a sense of humor.

No comments: