Monday, September 20, 2010

Local Natives at Music Box

A little late here, but I've had some other life events suck up my time over the last couple days.

Also, sorry, no photos from the night. I figured any photos I took at the Music Box wouldn't come out all that great -- we (intraffik) didn't ask for press passes.

The night started out great with Love Language. They hail from North Carolina and so I couldn't help but wonder if some of them were Duke fans. Or perhaps Carolina fans?

Local Natives came on next. Their set started out with a video: an artistic take on the words Local Natives. It was cool. Then they came on stage and the crowd went wild. Noticed: two distinct clouds of marijuana. I have to wish I had a better memory for song titles. There was a song in the middle of their set, which was just so so so sweet. For a couple of their final songs, the string instruments came out. I'll admit I was hoping Amanda Violin would come out on stage. Oh well. I miss her energy on the violin. With the end of their set, along with the two encore songs, I looked around me and up to the balcony and the crowd was giving cheers. How far Local Natives has come over the last couple years? Maybe the next time I see them they'll be playing at the Greek.

Photo from the FYF Fest.

No comments: