Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Book Review: The Associate by John Grisham

The Associate. I had this on my bookshelf for awhile. I lent the book to my mom and then just never got around to reading it. John Grisham does make for a nice quick summer read. Admittedly, it took me a couple weeks to read this book when really one should be able to finish it up in a handful of days, but then as one can tell from my blog I have this music thing that takes up my time.

So what did I think of this book? It is a nice page turner, but there isn’t much depth here. And honestly, I didn’t like how little is eventually revealed about the villains. I’m sure this was done on purpose, but I wish there was a bit more intel. Perhaps, keep is vague, if you wish, but I wanted a bit more than the idea that . . . well, I won’t give away too much more than I already have.

There are certain things that just make you scratch your head. For example, there is a confined research room in the law firm, which is accessible during only certain times of the day. I don’t work at a law firm, but I do on occasion work rather long hours – past midnight at times. Seriously, someone cutting you off at 10 p.m. when you’re dealing with a major lawsuit, I’m not so sure.

No comments: