Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Dreams: elevators to movies to parents to REESE

One of those dreams that seemed to go all over the place.

It was winter. I could tell that. It was near the end of the workday and all was dark. As I was shutting things down, ready to leave, I saw my boss walking down the hall. I asked him, “Aren’t you on vacation?” He replied, “Yes, but I just had to get something done.” I then walked off to the elevator where a group of co-workers stood waiting for the elevator. One was one of our VPs. Now this elevator looked rather modern. It was a see-through elevator. It took up two elevator shafts. The length was of two elevator shafts, but the width was a bit different. It curved so that you didn’t have a perfect rectangular dimension. It curved to the point where part of the elevator probably only had a length of two feet. The elevator arrived and two doors opened. We all crammed into one of the doors in two waves. But it was crowded due to the width of the elevator on that side so the first wave of folks that went through jumped back out and headed to the other door while I (in the second wave) kept on going into the first door. The VP barely made it into the elevator as the door closed. Now it felt like we were up on the 50th floor or some high up floor and the elevator descended at a most rapid pace. The VP made a comment about how he hated how quickly the elevator descended. The elevator just sped downward and then slowed up very nicely. We all left and headed in different directions.

I took off for a movie theatre where I wanted to see a specific movie (can’t remember which one.) I was charged only $6, which I found surprising. I walked into the theatre and the movie had already started. I sat down and realized I was watching the ending of an Inception extended cut. As the movie ended, I wondered if I should stick around for the next movie or if I’d get chased out by the staff even though I had purchased a ticket to watch the next movie.

I decided to leave and headed home. I wanted to watch a television show, but a pre-season football game was on and there was about 9 minutes left in the game. Knowing that this meant another 30 minutes of football, I decided to go visit my parents. My mom happened to be doing some cooking. She mentioned that they planned to take a winter vacation up in Canada, take a train across the country. Yes, it’d be cold, but it would be cheap and they thought it would be cool to see Canada in the winter. Well, my parents decided to take off and said that I could hang out at their house if I wished. I decided to take a nap. It was extremely chilly so I looked at turning on the heater. I noticed that my parents had set the heater for around 40 degrees. For some reason, there was a recommendation for 50 degrees (to be green). I decided to set the heater to go on at 45 degrees, not wanting to drive up the gas bill on my parents.

Somehow my dream jumped. I was still at my parents’ house, but I was now sitting in the living room talking to three other individuals. They were all in law school. And who were the three individuals: REESE WITHERSPOON, an old college roommate and another individual who I can’t recall. Reese was talking about how much time they were all spending studying and how some folks liked to go all out on their PowerPoint presentations. My old college roommate, the gunner, said how much he loved to go all out on his presentations. Reese and I rolled our eyes at him. And it felt distinctly like Reese was flirting with me, but in the back of my mind I knew that this was simply impossible because this was Reese Witherspoon. She then decided to take a brief nap while the rest of us kept on talking. She got a blanket and tucked herself underneath it – I lent a hand.

And that was the dream. A rather interesting dream of going from one place to another and to another. And how did Reese end up in my dream? A week or so ago while flipping through the television channels, I did catch part of Legally Blond 2 so maybe that was the inspiration for the last part of the dream.

No comments: