Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Eastern Conference Champions, Two Years Before Mast, The New Limb and The Shivas at Spaceland

It was off to Spaceland to catch Eastern Conference Champions, Two Years Before the Mast, The New Limb and The Shivas. There was something unique about this Monday night for me. I saw all four bands. This seldom happens as come midnight on a Monday night I'm usually closer to my bed than around Spaceland for the last band of the night. But on this night I didn't have to worry as I was taking Tuesday off from work.

I only caught the last two songs of Two Years Before the Mast. I was blown away. It seemed like much of the audience was blown away, as well.

The New Limb was a fill-in band. The band that was scheduled had to cancel for some reason. They were also well received. Someone bought beers for the whole band at the end of their set.

Eastern Conference Champions was the obvious draw here. My personal opinion is that their set at Sunset Junction was their best set that I've seen. They were trying out some new stuff on Monday night. I'm betting that by next week it'll all come together and they'll be setting the bar higher than their Sunset Junction set. I plan to go at least one more time this month to Spaceland -- at least one Monday night will be spent at Silverlake Lounge to catch the residency band over there.

The Shivas were the last band of the night. They had the quote of the night: Here's something we haven't done in a few days, which feels so long ago.

Two Years Before the Mast



The New Limb





Eastern Conference Champions











The Shivas

No comments: