Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Mulhollands, Kozmonaut and Hyena at Club Moscow

It was off to Club Moscow to catch The Mulhollands, Kozmonaut and Hyena. I was telling a friend that the one cool thing about going to Club Moscow is that I catch bands that I wouldn't normally see -- such as the Kozmonaut and Hyena.

I missed the first band, Royal Heist, as I arrived a little later than I normally do. Hyena were the first band I saw. They're a two piece band that had the crowd dancing. Next up were the Kozmonaut. I noticed the lead singer playing with some spilled liquid on the stage. I think lead singers get bored while waiting for their band mates to set up their gear. When everything was set up, the lead singer knocked off her shoes and off they went on an intense filled set. "That song is about being in love . . . and I'm also a liar." Aafter reaching out to grab the hand of a young woman, the lead singer said, "Sometimes you see a hand and you've just got to grab it." A special cheers goes out to the guitarist who was playing with a dislocated finger. The Mulhollands were the final band of the night -- one of my favorite Los Angeles bands. An amusing interaction went on for their last song. Matt (guitar) took off on the next song and you soon saw Jeff (bass) coming over and then Matt stopped playing. Sarah Jeanette responded, "Matt just wanted to do a solo thing." Yes, Matt accidentally started off on the wrong song. His response, "I'm just looking at the list." Earlier, I saw Matt putting hit set list on the monitor. But it fell off and so he was looking over at Jeff's set list. Obviously, Jeff's set list was too far away to get a proper read. Hey, it all ended well, though.

Hyena







Kozmonaut







The Mulhollands





1 comment:

Unknown said...

yo vivace! thanks for coming out and blogging:) hope you had as much fun as we did...
the mulhollands xo