Thursday, December 24, 2009

Pittsburgh vs. Green Bay: Explanation of onside kick

I only got to see the last minute or so of the Pittsburgh vs. Green Bay game (another game was on instead). I did get to see the great last minute drive, but I didn't get to see the onside kick. When I heard about it, my thought was, "That totally makes sense. Good call coach."

From Yahoo/AP ("No faith in defense led to Steelers' onside kick," Alan Robinson, 22 Dec 2009): The answer for the rest of the world was slightly more complicated, but essentially came down to this: Tomlin no longer believed his defense could stop the Packers during Green Bay’s 22-point fourth quarter.

I do believe the Steelers have lost three games (maybe two, maybe four) due to final drives by the opposite team. I could be wrong. I haven't seen all the games, but I believe this is true.

No comments: