Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Matt Kollar, The Mulhollands, Sucker for Pumps at Club Moscow

The day before Thanksgiving I headed off to Club Moscow to check out The Mulhollands. The last time I went to Club Moscow was also to see The Mulhollands. It was also a deja vu experience because back in 2007 I went to Club Moscow to check out The Mulhollands the day before Thanksgiving. In fact, most of the times I've gone to Club Moscow was to check out The Mulhollands.

Anyways, the first band of the night was called Matt Kollar and The Angry Mob. This band has twelve members. They're a fun band. You can see that by just looking at one of the below photos where members of the band are lying on the floor -- for their last song, everyone dropped to the floor. Also, the female singer for a few songs was bringing out all these toys, starting out a song by playing with them. Fun.



Next up were The Mulhollands. They seemed to be having a lot of fun on stage. They had a guest keyboardist, Frankie. There was one song where I couldn't help but notice Sarah checking out the synthesizer. In past sets, she's played the synthesizer. I wonder if she just wanted to take it over for a song or two. There was also some fun with a hanging microphone that swung around throughout the set.



The final band of the night was Sucker for Pumps. I saw them once before at Bordello. I have to say I enjoyed them more this time around. This band does rock. There was a moment where their synthesizer player left the stage. I thought that a bit strange. He returned with a drum. I thought that perhaps he was going to play it, but instead the lead singer/guitarist went at it. Awesome.

A great pre-Thanksgiving celebration.


No comments: