Friday, December 11, 2009

The Monthlies, The French Semester and The Spires at The Echo

I went out to The Echo on Tuesday night to catch up with The Monthlies. A friend actually mentioned this night to me, because she wanted to catch
The French Semester.

I missed part of The Monthlies set. I showed up around 9:15 p.m. Probably missed 1 or 2 songs. Some notes: the lead singer was wearing long underwear, because of the weather. It was chilly outside. It was cold inside. I don't know what was up, but it was cold inside The Echo. They were also anxious about getting to play "Hip Girl." They mentioned that it was their next song twice. It was always just one further song away.





Next up was The French Semester. This was their album release party. This was the second time I'd seen them. The first being at Silverlake Lounge. I technically saw them at the Eagle Rock Music Festival, but since I only caught less than a minute of their set I won't really count that one. They're a multicultural band that perhaps is more likely occur in Los Angeles versus other parts of the country.








Final band of the night were The Spires. They hail from Ventura. After their first song and audience clapped and the lead singer responded, "Hey, we expect more than that. We're playing hard up here." Perhaps this sounds rude in written word. It was sort of amusing. They were good, worth checking them out the next time they're in Los Angeles.





No comments: